Health UP is a community based health and well-being initiative for Forest Lake Area residents and businesses
Health UP focuses on increasing opportunities for residents to improve their health in four areas:
Healthy eating is about moderation and good choices! Healthy eating can help you feel better, have more energy and reduce your risk for cancer or other diseases.
Increase your physical activity by building it into your daily routine. Taking a walk, gardening, playing with kids can have big benefits.
Reading a good book, hanging out with friends, playing a game of pick-up basketball or watching a funny movie can bring joy and better mental health.
Studies suggest there is a strong link between social supports and good health. Creating meaningful relationships with others and sharing skills with the community can improve well-being.
One goal of Health UP is to provide steps for employers to begin or enhance their employee wellness program. Health UP will provide resources to help Forest Lake Area employers implement changes in policy and work environment or culture. The goal of these changes would be to improve employee health and well-being as well as positively impact the company’s bottom line.
Living Healthy Works!
Healthy individuals mean healthy organizations
Building a culture of wellness can help your company reap the benefits including:
- Improving employee morale
- Reducing absenteeism
- Decreasing health care costs due to illness or injury
- Retaining key staff
- Increasing productivity
- Enhancing return on investment through potentially reducing insurance premiums
- Being recognized as an employer who cares
Businesses with employee health and wellness programs show:
- 27% reduction in sick leave absenteeism on average
- 26 % reduction in health care costs
- 32% reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management cost claims. (Published in American Journal of Health Promotion)